The Math Place is a great place for you to hang around and experience all things math. It’s a place to learn, do your homework and prepare for exams. Come and interact with others that are in your class where you will be supported by undergraduates that have been successful in their math classes as well as math graduate student instructors and faculty members that are there to help you.
The Math Place is available online.
Monday through Thursday 1:00 pm to 9:pm
Sunday 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Other online student academic support services
- TMP Individual Tutor Schedules (coming soon!)
- TMP Staff Photos
- TMP Special Opening/Closing Dates & Times
- Math Tutoring Options
- Game Theory Videos
- Pivot Program for the TI-82 or 83 calculator (pdf format)
- Pivot Program for the TI-Nspire calculator (pdf format)
Students who need assistance in the following classes:
- Mathematical Reasoning (Math 113)
- Statistical Reasoning (Math 115)
- College Algebra (Math 119)
- Finite Math (Math 123)
- Basic Calculus (Math 125)
- Precalculus (Math 130)
- Calculus I and II (Math 141, 142)
- We will also help with second year courses such as Calculus III and Differential Equations to the best of the staff’s ability.
- Undergraduate classes outside the Math Department where the assistance needed is mathematical in nature.
Note: The Math Department has asked that we not help any students in math courses numbered 300 or above.
Employment: To apply complete this application form. The form will require you to submit an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) [The department can obtain your UT transcript at no cost with your permission] and provide the names and email addresses of two math instructors that we can send recommendation forms to on your behalf.
Qualifications: A person may possibly be hired specifically for their ability to help students with Math 115 Statistical Reasoning or Math 123 Finite Mathematics. All others are required to have completed through at least Math 142 Calculus 2 at the absolute minimum. It is preferred that applicants have completed at least two of the 200 level courses, Math 231 Differential Equations, Math 241 Calculus 3 and Math 251 Matrix Algebra.
For more information call 974-4266 or 974-2461.
You may also reach us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Director: Bob Guest
Associate Director: Jeneva Clark
Assistant Director: Shel Swenson