There are several options near the hotel and conference site. The better options are downtown (map). Not only it offers better options but also is closer to the Hilton (and other hotels close to campus). Fast food options are also available on Cumberland Ave (west of the conference site), including Panera, Mellow Mushroom, Starbucks, Panda Express, and Chipotle.
Please consider the following list of the organizers’ favorite restaurants within walking distance of the University of Tennessee.
In downtown (close to the hotel):
- Yassin’s Falafel House (closed on Sundays). Very good falafel, shawarma, and gyro. Located downtown by the Hilton Hotel. Map.
- The Tomato Head. Good pizza, sandwich, salads. Vegetarian friendly. Located at the Marked Square downtown. Map.
- Tupelo Honey Cafe. Good southern food. (Can be a bit pricey.) Usually very busy on weekends. Located at the Market Square downtown. Map.
- Market House Cafe. Good sandwiches, plus salads and juice. Located at the Market Square downtown. Map.
- The Stock and Barrel. One of the best burgers in town. Located at the Market Square downtown. Map.
- French Market Creperie. Crepes, sandwiches, omelettes. Located downtown. Map.
- Babalu. Tapas and Tacos. Located downtown. Map.
- Nama Sushi Bar. Good sushi. Located downtown. Map.
On “the strip” (Cumberland Ave, farther from the hotel, but not far from the conference site), besides fast food: