PhD student at the University of Tennessee under the supervision of Professor Jerzy Dydak.
Department of Mathematics
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
Email: tweighil (at) vols (dot) utk (dot) edu
Office: Ayres Hall 208
Office hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10:10am-11:00am or by appointment
I am currently working in the area of coarse geometry, the study of large scale properties of spaces. I am interested in coarse invariants such as asymptotic dimension, Property A, coarse embeddability, and in objects which capture large scale behaviour such as the Higson corona and (maximal) Roe algebra. I am also interested in category theory and its applications to coarse geometry.
Currently teaching Math 251: Linear Algebra from 11:15am-12:05pm and from 12:20pm-1:10pm in College of Nursing Room 107.
Previous courses taught as a GTA include Math 119: College Algebra and Math 125: Basic Calculus.
- Logan Higginbotham and T Weighill, Coarse quotients by group actions and the maximal Roe algebra, submitted, arXiv:1708.01199.
- Jerzy Dydak and T Weighill, Extension theorems for large scale spaces via coarse neighbourhoods, submitted, arXiv:1609.01647.
- Jerzy Dydak and T Weighill, Monotone-light factorizations in coarse geometry, accepted to Topology Appl., arXiv:1607.02403.
- T Weighill, Mal'tsev objects, $R_1$-spaces and ultrametric spaces, Theory and Applications of Categories 32, 1485-1500, 2017.
- T Weighill, On spaces with connected Higson coronas, Topology Appl. 209, 2016, 301-315.
- Z Janelidze and T Weighill, Duality in non-abelian algebra III. Normal categories and 0-regular varieties, Algebra Universalis 77, 2017, 1-28.
- Z Janelidze and T Weighill, Duality in non-abelian algebra II. From Isbell bicategories to Grandis exact categories, J. Homotopy Relat. Struct. 11, 2016, 553-570.
- Z Janelidze and T Weighill, Duality in non-abelian algebra I. From cover relations to Grandis ex2-categories, Theory and Applications of Categories 29.11, 2014, 315-331.