Math 598 - Mathematics Pedagogy Discussion Group - Spring 2008
T 11:10-12:25 - Ayres 314
A gathering of college mathematics teachers,
experienced and inexperienced, for the purpose
of discussing issues related to the effective teaching of
mathematics at the college level.
Individual goal: to grow in understanding and practice of effective teaching.
Group goals: to continue to build a community of teachers and to produce some document aimed towards improving teaching.
Schedule: (some pre-, mostly post-)
- (1/15) Planning meeting
- (3/18) (Spring Break)
- (3/28-3/29) MAA Sectional Meeting - The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Tomorrow's Professor listserv and collection of short articles about all aspects of the
academic life, including teaching (Subscribe! Almost every article is
- Random Thoughts collection of columns on education in Chemical
Engineering (most general enough and relevant to mathematics)
- CMU Teaching Resources collection of resources on teaching (at CMU)
- MAA-SE 2008 details on 2008 MAA Sectional Meeting
312B Ayres Hall
974-4269 or 974-2461