Math 411 - Math Modelling - Fall 2009
MWF 11:15-12:05 - HBB 121
- Text: no mandatory text; links to online notes and resources
will be provided
Goals of the Course:
- To learn the basic types of models and how to develop them
- To review/learn some basic mathematical techniques for analyzing models.
- To practice technical writing and giving oral reports
- To learn how to work in a group on a realistic problem
Undergrad: 90% for an A, 87% for a A-, 83% for a B+, 80% for a B, etc.
- Homework (40%) - assigned approximately weekly
- Group Projects (30%) - 2 (maybe 3), include written and oral reports
- Individual Project (30%) - includes a 10 page paper and an
Grad: 90% for an A, 85% for a B+, 80% for a B, etc.
Dr. Charles Collins
106D Aconda Court (southeast corner, by Tower 2)
974-4269 or 974-2461
Office Hours: MWF 1-2 in 106D Aconda Court and by appointment
Last Modified: Last Friday