Skip to content
- Spend at least one hour each evening after class working on assigned homework problems.
- Read over all in-class notes each day after class is over.
- Take notes- writing neatly. The material we cover in class will be on your exams.
- Do not miss class unless it is an emergency.
- It is your responsibility to get the notes from another student if you miss class.
- When studying for a test, practice each kind of problem until you are confident with the material.
- If you are confused in class- please ASK QUESTIONS. I will gladly help you.
- Please come to my office when you need extra help.
- Hand in all assignments on time.
- The night before the exam give yourself a "practice" test with one of each kind of problem.
- Get to class early the day of the exam. This will help you to be relaxed.
- Read over the entire exam before starting any work.
- Begin with the easiest problems- or the ones that you feel most confident with.
- Write out the formulas you are using, labeling the variables.
- Show all steps of your work. You have a better chance for partial credit if you show all work.
- Write neatly. I cannot give partial credit for what I can't read.
- If you get stuck on a problem, skip the problem, go on to the next one and come back to it later.
- If you mind goes blank: * take a deep breath, * Stretch your muscles, * Close your eyes for a minute and relax, * Look back over the test, until you find a problem you can start on.
last updated: January 2016