2015 UT Pro2Serve Math Contest for TN High School Students
Ten high school students will win $6,000 annual scholarships for four years to the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Also, 64 teams will compete for trophies and medals in the double-elimination Math Bowl tournament.
When: Tuesday, October 27th, 2015
- ONLINE registration opens August 25th
- TEACHERS: DEADLINE to REGISTER / Pay Fees is September 25th, 2015! Your spaces are not secured until all of your student participant information is entered online and fees are paid.
- Cost is $15 per attendee ($10 per attendee for Title I Schools), including adults. See the FINANCIAL AID page!
Where: Holiday Inn World’s Fair Park, Knoxville, TN (near UT Campus)
What: Individual and team competitions for high school students, including home-schooled students, with preparation in Algebra I, II, and Geometry. Students MUST register with their participating schools or home school groups.
No Calculators may be used in any phase of the contest!
Why: Enjoy a fun-filled day celebrating mathematics with the UTK Department of Mathematics. Students ultimately compete for ten, four year, tuition scholarships at $6,000 per year to UT Knoxville (any major!). Other fabulous awards:
- Certificates for all participants
- T-shirts for the Top 50 FERMAT I scorers
- Trophies for the Top 5 FERMAT I scorers
- Trophies and medals for the top two MATH BOWL teams
- Door prizes for teachers/chaperones at the teacher/chaperone breakfast
- $6,000 per year, tuition scholarships to UT Knoxville (any major!) for the Top 10 FERMAT II scorers as well as trophies and medals
SPACES WILL FILL FAST!!!
Don’t delay! The contest is limited to 500 students this year due to our venue capacity and each school can bring at most 20 students. The UC will be closed the next two years, so we will be at the fabulous HOLIDAY INN World’s Fair Park for all of our contest events! Registration is ONLINE this year. You MUST have all your student participant information entered and fees paid by SEPT. 25th 2015 or your spaces are not secured!!! Students must register through their school.
OUR MISSION and HISTORY:
The contest was created to promote interest in mathematics among TN high school students, to encourage their interest in careers in mathematics and mathematical sciences, and to recognize students’ mathematical abilities by awarding scholarships, trophies, t-shirts, and certificates. We hope our state’s brightest math students will ultimately attend college, work, and live in Tennessee. All aspects of the contest are designed for any student who has completed Algebra I, II, and Geometry. Students, teachers, and chaperones always enjoy a fun day of celebrating mathematics.
The Mathematics Department of the University of Tennessee began the contest in 1999. Chancellor Jimmy Cheek now funds the scholarships for the Top 10 FERMAT II scorers. Our corporate sponsor, Pro2Serve Professional Project Services Inc. (p2s.com), is in their 15th year of sponsorship! Without Pro2Serve’s generous monetary support, we could not support travel or awards for attending schools. The Knoxville News Sentinel has sponsored advertisement for the last five years.
|Presentation Sponsor||Media Sponsor|