Math Tutorial Center
Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Help students improve their grades in math classes. This also includes helping students with basic math in courses outside the Math Department.
Students who need assistance in the following classes:
- Mathematical Reasoning (Math 113)
- Statistical Reasoning (Math 115)
- College Algebra (Math 119)
- Finite Math (Math 123)
- Basic Calculus (Math 125)
- Precalculus (Math 130)
- Calculus I and II (Math 141, 142)
- We will also help with second year courses such as Calculus III and Differential Equations to the best of the staff's ability.
- Undergraduate classes outside the Math Department where the assistance needed is mathematical in nature.
Note: The Math Department has asked the we not help any students in math courses numbered 300 or above.
The Center is staffed primarily by undergraduates, sophomores through seniors, all of who have passed at least Calculus I and II here at UT. Almost all are Math or Engineering majors.
The Tutorial Center is not a study lounge. Students should come in prepared to ask questions of the staff and should already know what question(s) they will ask. After the student checks in a Staff person will work with the student as soon as possible. If the Center is near capacity, a student may be asked to leave after having some of their questions answered so as to allow other students a chance to come in for help. Last year the Center was at its fullest between 11 and 3.
Our staff are not geniuses and there will be questions that they cannot answer. This happens most often with material that an instructor assigns which is not part of the standard curriculum. In situations such as this the student is referred to their instructor and/or teaching assistant.
For more information call 974-4266 or 974-2461. You may also reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
last updated: 5/2014