Calling all Vols,
We, the staff of the Math Tutorial Center, would like to invite you to take full advantage of the free tutoring support we offer to all UT students. We are dedicated to helping you achieve successful outcomes in your math courses. There are two MTC locations, the Main Lab in Ayres G12 (the east basement) that is open during the day and the North Commons Lab in Hodges Library that is open in the evening.
The Center is staffed primarily by undergraduates, the majority of which are Math or Engineering majors, ready to help you in your math courses up to at least Calculus II and some 200 level courses. We also have tutors that are Business, Psychology and Statistics majors that help with Math 115 Statistical Reasoning as well.
Please note that the MTC follows the University's open/close policy for inclement weather.
The MTC staff
|Summer 2015 Schedule|
|Main Lab Ayres G012 - East Basement|
|Monday - Thursday||11:00 am - 3:00 pm|
North Commons Lab Hodges Library
|Tuesday & Thursday Evenings||6:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
Students who need assistance in the following classes:
- Mathematical Reasoning (Math 113)
- Statistical Reasoning (Math 115)
- College Algebra (Math 119)
- Finite Math (Math 123)
- Basic Calculus (Math 125)
- Precalculus (Math 130)
- Calculus I and II (Math 141, 142)
- We will also help with second year courses such as Calculus III and Differential Equations to the best of the staff's ability.
- Undergraduate classes outside the Math Department where the assistance needed is mathematical in nature.
Note: The Math Department has asked the we not help any students in math courses numbered 300 or above.
Employment: Interested in being a Math Tutorial Center Tutor? Apply here.
For more information call 974-4266 or 974-2461. You may also reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director: Bob Guest Assistant Director: Ann Contole
last updated: 7/2015