Algebra I Employment Standards Training
June 10-27th 2019
The University of Tennessee Department of Mathematics is hosting a state-approved training for teachers of Algebra I and Integrated Math I. Trainees must complete 40 hours of training over three weeks.
Required Training Dates & Times:
- Monday-Friday, June 10-14, 2pm-5pm
- Monday-Friday, June 17-21, 2pm-5pm
- Monday-Tuesday, June 24-25, 2pm-5pm
- Wednesday-Thursday, June 26-27, 2pm-4pm
- Note: On June 27th, trainees will be given a post-test, on which a minimum score must be earned to have satisfied the training requirements.
Training format: 100% online. Trainees must have internet access and a machine that is equipped with a microphone.
Registration fee is $500 and due by May 1st.
This fee is non-refundable.Send a check payable to the University of Tennessee and mail to:
University of Tennessee
Department of Mathematics
Algebra I Training
Ayres Hall 227
1403 Circle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-1320
Algebra I, at any grade level, may be taught either by a licensed teacher with the appropriate 7-12 math endorsement OR by a teacher with:
- a professional license pursuant to State Board Rule 0520-02-04-.01(2)(c),
- an endorsement to teach through at least grade 8,
- a passing score on the middle school math PRAXIS 0069 or 5169 (Note: 0146 does not apply.), and
- completion of a state-approved training, such as this one.
Registration is closed.
At this time registration is closed. If you have not paid your registration fee yet please be sure to send that in or contact us.
For more information, please contact director Jeneva Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 865-974-3708.